If you’re shopping around for the best motorcycle speakers and are unsure of what you need to get, then you have come to the right place. It is not always easy to pick the best ones simply because buying motorcycle speakers is different from buying speakers for your car or your truck.
Motorcycle speakers come in various models but the most popular ones are motorcycle handlebar speakers. Even in this category, there are different wattages to give you that great volume you need no matter how fast you’re riding your bike. There are a few things to consider when picking your speakers and this guide will help you through them.
Things to Consider When Choosing Motorcycle Speakers
- Type of Speakers. You need to first decide whether you want motorcycle helmet speakers, Bluetooth motorcycle speakers, or motorcycle handlebar speakers. This is a personal choice and completely up to you but keep in mind that handlebar speakers are the most popular choice for bikers.
- Wattage. Wattage is important because the higher the wattage, the more volume you get. If you simply drive around town on your bike, then lower wattage will be just fine. However, if you use your motorcycle on highways where it is noisier, then you will need a higher wattage to enjoy your music.
- Additional Features. It’s ok to simply buy speakers that will give you great audio, but since you are taking the time to make your choice, look into the additional features that you can get as well. Do you want thumb controls for convenient access while driving? This is a great feature to help you avoid any distractions while driving. Bluetooth will help you avoid the cluttered wiring when installing your speakers. Do you want your new speakers to come equipped with a docking station for your phone, iPod, or your MP3 player so you can enjoy your personal music or simply charge your devices while on the go?
- Input Source. You can either buy speakers that have a head unit for their input source, or choose ones that use a portable device such as an iPod or an MP3 player for input. In most cases, speakers and their head unit input source are sold together.
- Waterproof or Water Resistant. Finally, if you choose water resistant speakers, they will be able to stand up against some light rain. But if you drive through wet weather conditions or leave your bike exposed outdoors, then you should go for waterproof.
Top 10 Motorcycle Speakers Complete Chart
3 Best Motorbike Speakers Reviews
These speakers, along with their rave reviews, are high quality speakers that come ready with mirror brackets for easy installation. They are 100% waterproof and are considered marine grade speakers which means they will even work when immersed in a swimming pool!
The speakers are 300 watts each which promises a great volume even at very high speeds while driving or even in noisy conditions. They can work with any amplifier that comes with an RCS connection. The dimensions are only 4×3 inches, which make them ideal even for smaller bikes. The texture of the product is rich chrome, which makes them nice to look at as well.
While they are very affordable, they have great options for your audio input and come with a handy user’s manual so you have no difficulty in installing them.
Buyers of this model found it extremely easy to install and above all, they completely enjoy the sound it gives. Riders and passengers can both hear the audio clearly even on high speed and noisy highways.
This model of motorcycle speakers is another excellent choice, and it is fully waterproof. The 3-inch chrome speakers come with adjustable stainless steel brackets. The manufacturer’s product details that the wattage on this one can reach a maximum of 600 watts so it works perfectly under all sorts of noise conditions. The model also comes with a waterproof volume control that is easy to use and save you from distraction.
While this model received pretty high reviews and many people enjoyed it immensely, there are a few cons to the reviews. Some people experienced a blow out of the 10 amp fuse at only 120 Watts so it is not the best choice for high speed driving or noisy conditions.
This motorcycle speaker worked really nicely for us even after hours of listening time, with no heating whatsoever. If you buy this model, you need to take extra care during installation so that you have it all wired up right so it works perfectly for you. Overall, these are quality speakers with really good audio performance. We highly recommend the BOSS Audio MC420B.
At only 5 pounds and with dimensions of 4×4.5×4 inches, this little device is just perfect to fit on your handlebar and has great options for audio input. It is also waterproof. All of the components of the MC470B have been sealed and coated to protect them from rain and from the natural damage of elements.
This device also comes with Bluetooth support which means you can pair it up with headphones or even another stereo system. The music is pretty loud and clear and works well even in noisy surroundings.
Buyers found the sound was pretty loud an clear even at speeds of 70 to 75 mph. Most people also appreciated the Bluetooth support because it gave them access to their own music hands free. However, some reviews stated that the wiring was all the same color which made installation a little bit tricky.
While most motorcycle riders are used to high amounts of noise while driving, having great motorcycle speakers can mean a more enjoyable ride listening to your music. Finally, if you don’t have a windscreen on your bike, consider buying one to enhance the audio of your new speakers!